[ a b s i l e n c e ]

Saturday, December 18, 2004

i'm in taiwan, and it's my third day, and this city is hardly what you can call relaxing.

even though i'm technically on vacation, sometimes i wonder what the hell i'm doing here, and at times, i'm really wondering why i'm not back in the united states where all my friends are.

i had two single serving friends on the plane. we talked for hours on end. one's a graduate student in education at the university of san francisco. the other is...well...i forget, but she's cuter than the graduate student. we traded emails, and i'm supposed to get msn as soon as i get back to the US so i can talk to these two girls (michelle and tina).

other than that, the only people my age, or even close to it, would be my cousins. except they're all either working or in school.

which affords me a lot of time to read. so far.

i just want to get on the phone and talk to people. there's so many things i want to talk to with dan, stephanie and katherine...i'm like...slowly going insane with anger from NOT having a vent.

until then...this will have to suffice.

as sad as it may be, being american affords me several luxuries in this country. for one, people treat me a lot better, than say my parents. and i'm trying to blend in too, but with the clothes that i brought back, i look distinctly...american. having only brought back guess? or banana republic shirts, and express jeans and khaki's...well...you get the picture.

i can already hear one of you lecturing me on being american and taiwanese and blah blah blah....



shut it already, i don't care.

it's only the 3rd day of 2 weeks. we'll see how this goes as soon as i meet up with my cousin tomorrow.